- Books improve vocabulary.
- Reading enhances concentration and focus.
- Books expand one’s knowledge and understanding of the world.
- Reading is a more active mental process.
- The reader can control the pace of the material.
Your child will become an avid reader with Reading Kingdom. Sign up today for a free 30 day trial.
Dr. Marion Blank is a world-renowned psychologist and expert on the development of literacy and language in children as well as the creator of the “Six Skill Integrated Method” for teaching children to read. Prior to creating the Reading Kingdom online literacy program, she created and directed the Light on Literacy Program at Columbia University. She has authored dozens of peer-reviewed articles and books and developed numerous award winning teaching and assessment programs. Dr. Blank is also a recipient of the Upton Sinclair Award which honors individuals who have made a significant contribution to education.
Latest posts by Marion Blank (see all)
- Recommended Reading for Kids: Ben and Me – January 11, 2018
- Ask Dr. Blank: What are the top 5 ways reading a book is better than watching TV or a movie? – January 9, 2018
- Recommended Reading for Preschoolers: Are You My Mother? – January 4, 2018