What You Need to Know:
• The Maze of Bones is the first in The 39 Clues series and should appeal to both boys and girls.
• There are 10 books in all and they are written by seven different authors.
• While no one is actually killed, there is some violence and people do get injured.
• Readers are encouraged to collect The 39 Clues cards and play the game online. The first ten clues are provided in the books, however kids need to go online for the other 29 clues.
• The main characters’ parents were killed in a fire, years earlier. They have little memory of their parents.
The Maze of Bones introduces readers to the Cahill family. It also introduces them to the multimedia marketing efforts surrounding the series. There are trading cards, online games, prizes, chat rooms, bonus books and, most likely, there will be a movie. The series has garnered enormous attention both from individuals and the media. So why is it such a success? In addition to the high profile authors involved, I think it’s because every single detail of this story has been thought through with readers in mind. In the spirit of giving the people what they want, this book is filled with adventure, gadgets, fart jokes, pop culture, and more. To satisfy parents and teachers, they’ve included the historical element. Brilliant!”
Your child will learn to read books like The Maze of Bones with Reading Kingdom. Sign up today for a free 30 day trial.
Latest posts by Melissa Bernard (see all)
- Ask Dr. Blank: 9 Tips for How to Raise an Eager Reader – August 14, 2018
- Researchers find IQ scores dropping since the 1970s – August 13, 2018
- Reading Kingdom Review: “I recommend Reading Kingdom to families with developing readers or struggling ones that seek independent learning online.” – August 10, 2018